FLYING WITH YOUR VAPE
Travelling with vapes/e-cigarettes, e-liquid and vape accessories is now very common for most people, but there are a few rules and guidelines you should be aware of before jumping on the plane.
First and foremost, any charging or usage of your vape on a plane is strictly prohibited and dangerous.
Secondly, always double-check with airline staff to make sure you are complying with the airline’s policies.
This article is a guideline for how to safely and legally travel with your vapes, eliquid and accessories.
Carry On or Check In?
- Your device, batteries and tank should be stored in your carry on luggage.
- E-Liquid is allowed to be stored in your carry-on or checked-in luggage.
- ALWAYS make sure to turn your device off before boarding.
- Unscrew the tank from the device if possible.
- If you have a device that uses external batteries, ensure to remove the batteries from the device and place them in a battery case.
- It’s a good idea to fully empty your tank before flying, as the change in elevation often causes a pressure lock resulting in leaking.
- Keeping your vape gear in one location within your bag will make it easier to find your mod in the case of any issues.
- Check all bottles for leaks.
- Make sure the size of each bottle doesn’t exceed allowable liquid amounts (typically 100ml maximum).
- Juice should be able to be stored in either carry-on or checked luggage it’s always best to check with Airport staff.
- Store in a clear ziplock bag, in case of a leak.
- Make sure to check the laws of the country are travelling to or transferring through, as some countries prohibit nicotine eliquid.
- Always remove batteries from your device if it is possible to do so.
- Always store batteries securely in a good quality insulating battery case.
- Always store batteries on carry-on luggage.
E-cigarettes are typically powered by lithium-ion batteries, which can self-ignite if damaged, exposed to high temperatures or have a manufacturing defect, therefore they MUST be stored in your carry-on luggage in case of any incident.